Monday, November 26, 2012

Say YES to Jesus. Say NO to the world

So tonight's MNL ("Monday Night Live" aka our large group Chi Alpha meeting) especially hit me. It wasn't really the message though. It was what happened before the message. Sarah and Hai-in spoke about the Chi Alpha internship. This is something that I have always thought would be cool to do, but didn't necessarily take it completely serious as an option. Tonight it just impacted me so strongly. It is definitely an option that I have to consider. I got really amped up hearing about it. It was one of the few times I thought to myself, "I can't wait to graduate." Thoughts about graduating a year or semester early even came through my head, even though I am not even considering that. It was really tough to kind of settle back down for the message by Josh Fairchild after that.

The message came from Mark 10:17. It was mainly about living for God instead of the world. Turning in our idols for God. It was a really reassuring message. I'm still not sure if this whole ministry thing has been confirmed by God, but one thing is for sure. This feeling and desire is not going away. It is only getting stronger. The fact that I wanted to graduate now is crazy! I love UVA. I don't ever want to go.

I will definitely explore more about this and other things through prayer and talking with one of my best friends Alex (core group leader from last year and now intern). I'll probably talk to Seth (co-leader) about it some too considering he is also an intern. Heck I might even talk about it some to my boy Charlie during my spring break trip to Marshall.

There is only one thing left to do now and that is continuing to pray for God's will to be done and to not let my desires and passions to get in the way of God's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment