Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Eternal Year

Chi Alpha's Fall Retreat was this past weekend, which brought me to think about last year. The change from last year at this time to now is incredible. Last year I went on the retreat out of guilt and peer pressure. This year, I couldn't have been any more excited for it. This time last year, I dreaded getting up for church. Monday Night Lives were long, boring, and weird. I hadn't read any of the Bible. In fact, I didn't even know the names of the four gospels. Now I love church and MNL. That guy that raised his hands in worship screaming out to Jesus that so weirded me out before is now me, and I have almost read the entire Bible. My life was changed by that retreat last year.

I got the chance to share what the retreat did for me a couple weeks ago at MNL (Here's the rough draft: http://michaelpanton.blogspot.com/2012/09/rough-draft-retreat-testimony.html). While I was pretty nervous, I liked being up on stage in front of hundreds. I felt so honored to have the chance to speak to all of Chi Alpha. The fact that Pete and the rest of the staff thought that I could make a difference in somebody's life is so encouraging. That is such a far cry from where I was a year ago. I grew up a pretty shy person, so just getting on the stage would have been a challenge for me. I definitely didn't have anything to share back then. That just goes to show how much God can do in just one year. Praise the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment